This one is a LONG time coming. Not only is Boston one of my FAVORITE cities, I was lucky enough to attend undergrad there (shout out to Suffolk University), live on Tremont Street for a year, then Beacon Hill for the remanding three years. My best friend & college roommate still lives there, so I try to visit every few months. Below will be a mix of touristy things to do, and some local spots to check out if you have time!
TOP 10 ACTIVITIES:
- Attend a Boston Sports Game: Baseball at Fenway, Basketball/Hockey at TD Garden, Football at Gillette Stadium
- Go to a concert at House of Blues
- Walk around Boston Common, Boston Public Garden & Beacon Hill
- People watch at a college campus: Harvard, MIT, BU, Suffolk University (my alma mater)
- Grab a cocktail at the Top of the Hub or Envoy
- Go on a land & water tour on Duck Tours
- Play outdoor games and swing at Lawn on D
- Shop at Faneuil Hall & Newbury Street
- Kayak on the Charles River
- Take a brewery tour at Sam Adams or Harpoon
TOP 10 DRINKING SPOTS:
- Envoy Rooftop
- Warehouse Bar & Grille
- Legal Harborside Rooftop
- Bleacher Bar
- The Harp
- Cask ‘n Flagon
- Lansdowne Pub
- The Landing
- Five Horses Tavern
FOOD (A LOT MORE THAN 10):
- Yvonne’s: If you’re looking for a more high scale experience, Yvonne’s is your spot. It’s a speakeasy style, covered up as a barber shop, then you walk in and it’s a luxurious library themed, dark lit bar and restaurant.
- Piperi Mediterranean Grill: Piperi opened my last year of college and was conveniently right across the street from the Suffolk University Library. It’s the perfect place to stop quickly and grab the most delicious moroccan spiced carrots, taziki sauce, and falafel you’ll ever had.
- The Paramount: If you’re heading here for weekend brunch, go early! The line gets long as it’s smack in the middle of Beacon Hill. We used to go here in college and I would always get the Huevos Rancheros (yummm)
- Antonio’s: My favorite Italian place. Cute, cozy, REAL Italians, REAL pasta.
- The Tip Tap Room: Stop here for a beer, wine, and some apps. Every time I go I get the Steak Frites.
- Figs: I’ve only been once back in college, but it was delicious! Go with a pizza.
- JP Licks: If you’re having an Ice Cream craving, JP is always the go-to.
- Cafe Podima: This was the in-between class spot for Suffolk students. I always got the 8G. Grilled Portabella Mushroom Salad with feta and added chicken. My friends also LOVED the calzones.
- Carmelina’s: SO SO GOOD. I got the Stuffed Center Cut Pork Rib Chop (16 oz stuffed with prosciutto, smoked mozzarella, roasted garlic-tomato sauce) and my boyfriend got the Crazy Alfredo (chicken, sausage, sweet roasted red peppers, in a spicy Alfredo sauce, fettuccine).
- Ernesto’s: ALL THE PIZZA. My favorites in college: Buffalo Chicken, Pepperoni, and Veggie
- Mike’s Pastry & Modern Pastry: A staple to the North End. The necessary purchase is obviously the classic cannoli. The only other thing I’ve had is a pignoli cookie and it was delicious.
- Flour Bakery & Cafe: Delicious pastries & coffee. Perfect spot for breakfast or a quick lunch.
- Coppa: Go here for Italian Food, Meat & Cheese platters, wine. A little pricy, but totally worth it.
- Gaslight: French/American fusion food.
- Metropolis: The CUTEST Mediterranean Wine Bar. Make sure to make reservations because it’s small. My friend and I split the Cauliflower and Potato Gratin with Leeks and Asiago Cheese and Brussel Sprouts, and for the entree I had Pan Roasted Chicken with a glass (or 2) of Malbec.
- The Elephant Walk: I came here in college with my best friends parents for a celebratory end of finals dinner. The food is French/Cambodian fusion, and according to reviews, a great place to come if your group has different dietary preferences as they mark vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options on their menu (always a plus).
- Barcelona: Great atmosphere, the bar is always packed. I only went for drinks, and got this rum, lime, mint cocktail. This is a chain, but if you’re from out of town check it out!
- Moonshine 152: Probably one of the best burgers I’ve ever had. They have a monthly burger and they’re all insane combos and sinfully delicious.