Okay friends, SIX DAY COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING! Where did 2017 go? (We’ll leave that for another post!)
Whether you’re hosting, visiting a relative, or eating out; you should never feel like you have to sacrifice taste to keep things healthy. I’ve lived too many festive seasons of the past stuck in irregular eating habit hell (restricting in order to overeat later).
My goal this year is to have fun, relaxed, & memorable day with my family. When you can foresee a triggering events, why not work a little harder to prevent overeating before it starts! I’m doing this by writing down & sharing my own personal “day-of” intentions with you! Plus – a few of my favorite easy, paleo, sugar free, flour free Thanksgiving recipes!
MINDFULLY SARAH’S THANKSGIVING INTENTIONS: These are my own personal intentions, for myself, this year. I would love to hear yours if you’re willing to share!
- Eat Properly Prior to the Meal: Restricting or skipping meals beforehand will just tempt me to overeat later. My Thanksgiving meal starts at 3:00pm. I’m planning on having a veggie omelette & coffee for breakfast and a salad with 4oz protein for lunch.
- Create a Balanced Plate: Fill my plate with veggies & foods with minimal ingredients.
- Focus on How You Want to Feel After the Meal: I want to feel happy, comfortable, mindful, and sociable. I don’t want feelings of guilt, shame, or regret around food. And physically, I do not want to be bloated or feel like I need my stretchy pants.
- Socialize: There’s more to Thanksgiving than food comas & naps. It’s a time to relax, reflect, and reconnect with your family and loved ones. Take advantage of this, and try to keep you focus on the people you’re with.
- This is Not the ‘Be-All-End-All’: Though Thanksgiving is a day of indulgence, remember that this is a yearly event. It is not the last time you will experience the deliciousness, so no need to overdue it.
KEEP SCROLLING FOR MY 2017 THANKSGIVING RECIPE ROUNDUP!
In addition to the main proteins (turkey, ham, pot roast), here are some of my favorite SIMPLE, moderately paleo, sugar and flour free Thanksgiving recipes!
Find more on my Pinterest
SIDES & VEGGIES
- Mashed Cauliflower by Detoxinista
- Paleo Thanksgiving Sweet Potato Casserole by Whole Food Whole You
- Bacon Apple Pie Bites by Satisfying Eats
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Butternut Squash by Skinny Taste
- Broccoli Cheese Quinoa Casserole by No Thanks to Cake
- Sautéed Brussels Sprouts & Apples by Emily Bites
- Parmesan Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Emily Bites
- Caramelized Onion & Sausage Stuffing by PaleOMG
- Root Vegetable Casserole by The Paleo Mom
- Pumpkin Pie Poppers by Satisfying Eats
- Paleo Pecan Pumpkin Pie Fudge by Sugar Free Mom
- Flourless Pumpkin Muffins by Chocolate Covered Katie
- Cinnamon Candied Pecans by PaleOMG
- Low Carb “Apple” Crisp by Holistically Engineered
- Cashew Freezer Fudge by The Paleo Mom
- Carrot Cake Bites by The Paleo Mom⠀⠀