Welcome to my kitchen! About a year ago I made a conscious decision to follow a Sugar & Flour free lifestyle and it’s completely changed my life. I’m happier, more energetic, can be present in the moment, and be more mindful of my eating.
Below you’ll see some of the necessities that help me along the way! This isn’t a full fridge as I’m leaving for vacation in a few days, but think it’ll give you a sense of what I eat and prepare for my work week.
Would love to know if you have any food recommendations or find any new interesting items you may try below. My fridge is your fridge!
1. Unsweetened Ketchup & Mustard: I am a HUGE condiments fan. I pretty much put it on everything & anything
2. Liquids: I’m not a beer drinker, but some are my roommates and for guests. We have a Pinot Grigio from Winc (a monthly wine subscription club), Diet Coke & Diet Dr. Pepper
3. Unsweetened Cashew Milk: Great for protein smoothies & iced coffee
4. Weekly Starbucks Treat: Venti Iced Coffee with 3 pumps Skinny Mocha Syrup & a splash of Whole Milk
5. Sunday Meal Prep: Monday-Thursday Lunch at work. This week is roasted chicken, butternut squash & vegetables, will have with a big handful of spinach (#12)
7. Fruit: Strawberries & Blueberries. Bringing these to work to have with my yogurt for breakfast
8. Eggs: A staple for me!
10. Yogurt: Pretty much my breakfast majority of the week. Mix with some fruit & Ezekiel Cereal.
11. Hummus: Another staple. Usually use as salad dressing, with baby carrots as snack. These are from Trader Joe’s & Cedar’s (garlic is obviously a fav)
12. Lettuce & Greens: Spinach and Romaine. Always add a handful of greens to every meal.
13. Lemons & Apples: Pretty self- explanatory. I get bored of water easily, so adding lemons is an easy fix. Apples are usually my 4PM snack with Almond Butter.
14. Baby Carrots: Because I always need a quick healthy snack near by.
15. Frozen Bananas: Throw 1/4 frozen banana into all of my smoothies to thicken them
16. Frozen Veggies: Trader Joe’s Harvest Hodgepodge, TJ’s Cauliflower Rice, Cut Broccoli, TJ’s Asparagus Spears, Butternut Squash
17. Jennie-O Everyday Ground Turkey
18. Alcohol: Bacardi Rum, Bombay Gin, Svedka Vodka. Necessary.
19. Tandori Chef Chicken Tandori with Spinach: I am not a frozen meal hater, but they need to be lower carb, no added sugar, not too many ingredients. Excited to try this one!
20. Ezekiel Bread: My favorite!
21-23: More Frozen Meals: Grainful Frozen Meals, Hanover Mashed Cauliflower, Healthy Choice Steamers Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
So that’s it! You’ve made it. Found anything new you may try or any recommendations on food finds you’ve discovered that I may like?